Tuesday 9 July 2019

Life of Faith



I believe faith in God is making the first step in the moment of uncertainty.
Faith is the substance of things hoped for, things not yet seen. It’s a risk that we take to move on when every sign and circumstance around us suggest otherwise. It’s the opposite of doubt and fear of the unknown future. Making the first step might, in many occasions look ridiculous, and careless. It might show a lack of wisdom. But I believe living by faith is the wisest thing or choice you can ever make. It launches you into a world of possibilities. It makes God work for you. God comes in if you make the first step by faith. A life driven by faith is worth living. It's beautiful, full of joy, satisfaction, and significance. On the other hand, a faithless life is terrible, full of frustration, and nothing to celebrate. 
We are told that without faith, it's impossible to please God. This is true. We all live our lives by faith, whether we acknowledge it or not. You sleep with no certainty that you will wake up, but you make plans to wake up. No one sleeps, hoping not to wake up. We invest our resources; be it time and money with the hope that we will get better outcomes. Nothing is always certain for a parent that their young ones will turn out great, but they hope they do. As a parent, you give your best hoping that your best will work out for the best. Think of everything you do, as simple as walking in a restaurant to ask for a glass of water. You hope the water will quench your thirst and give you the strength to move on. You don’t start ascertaining where the water came from, what’s the content of the water, questioning its ability to do what it will do. But you faithfully drink it with the hope that it will refresh you. Our body organs; a clear example of faith. Your heart beats, the kidney does what it does, the liver does its role, and all the others do. You breathe air in and out with no care, whether it will end up in the wrong place. No one sees or cares to confirm if the organs missed performing its duty. All these to make you move so you can be whole and live your life. I acknowledge that there are those who are struggling with their body organs, but it in all these we still hope that it will be well and for such, we wake up and do what we can to make things right. Our life is driven by faith, whether it's directly or indirectly. Whether we embrace it or not.

The beauty and joy of life is in acknowledging this faith. It's in letting your life be directly driven by faith. In embracing faith and living a life of faith. A life full of miracles. Our life without faith is meaningless. The waking up and going to bed without faith is all in vain. Faith gives you the intangible benefit that is eternal. That is beyond the world's comprehension. It gives purpose to everything you do.
If someone told me when I was a teenager that I would be involved in the things I'm involved in now, that would be living the life I live now; I would laugh at them and quickly dismiss them. I look back to me when I finished my form four having gotten (A-) grade, something I really prayed to God for, all I wanted was to be a Mechanical engineer. I had my plans on how that journey was going to be. But God had a different idea for my simple life. I don't have everything I wish I could, but I believe I'm much better. I believe the intangible journey and blessings God has led me through is worth more than anything this world could have offered me. This is not easy. However, I continue to acknowledge that my life without faith is in vain. So I need to continuously ask God to increase my faith in Him. I don’t know about you.
If this resonates with you, how’s your faith journey like? Look for a small community of friends who you can think through this together with. Being accountable to a few and practising with a few. It's about building a community of friends to share each other's journey of living a life of faith.  You have to be deeply committed to each other and desire to see each other grow in this journey. You have to create support, encouragement, and accountability platform for each other. The community has to be as small as possible so that there is active engagement by all involved.
Find a community around you and see if these conversations make sense to you.




By Gabriel Achayo





No comments:

Post a Comment

INNOVATION DRIVEN BY CAPITALISM

  “ What is a man capable of doing to make more money?” It’s now a trend that new phone models are released before you even catch up ...